RepRap is moving!
My customized Rostock 3D printer is moving! After over a year of working on it in between graduating college and other projects, I’ve finally got it moving. It’s currently running a partially-configured fork of Marlin. When I say partially configured I mean very slightly configured—the print head thinks it’s on the print bed when in reality it’s still got a good 7 inches to go. I wrote a quick test generator using Node.js and ran it; there’s a video of it on YouTube if you’re interested.
I’ve got a long way to go before my first print, but I’m super-happy with my progress so far! Hopefully soon I’ll have it in a good place to use it as a plotter.