- React, Redux, GraphQL
- Node.JS, TypeScript, PHP
- Serverless functions: AWS Lambda, Next.js, Vercel, Netlify
- Server-side frameworks: Express.js, NestJS, Passport.js, Koa.js
- HTML, JS, browser DOM
- CSS (+ frameworks such as Tailwind CSS, Material UI)
- Unit and end-to-end testing: Jest, Mocha, Ava
- SQL databases: MySQL, Postgres, SQLite
- NoSQL databases: CouchDB, DynamoDB, FaunaDB
- Code transforms: Babel, Babel Macros, PostCSS, PostHTML
- Amazon Web Services
- CloudFormation, Terraform
- Git version control
- Data visualization: D3.js, Leaflet.js, Three.js
- Technical presentations
- Requirements gathering
- Open source projects
- Working remotely
- Code review
- English (fluent); French (conversational)
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute. BA, Mechanical Engineering. Worcester, MA; 2013; high distinction.
- Agawam High School. Agawam, MA; 2009.
I'm a senior full-stack developer who is looking for the next stage in his career. I'd like to gain depth in a particular business domain (such as fintech) while continuing to leverage my years of experience in browser and Node.JS development.
Proper Labs Senior Full-Stack Engineer, 2020 — present
- Re-platformed the company's CBD division onto a new order management system. Migrated the checkout page and implemented a new account portal. Instrumented the system to collect critical event data to improve the experience.
- Used Next.js, NestJS, and PostgreSQL to implement a "sleep journal" web app to help customers discover which products worked best for them.
- Launched a secondary website for the company's CBD division. Integrated the website with our existing CMS to require the smallest amount of code change.
Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research Software engineer, 2014 — 2020
- Worked with design team to create a design system. Solicited feedback from early adopters.
- Built a large scientific web app using React and Redux; worked closely with the backend team to suggest API designs which would enable rapid development of front-end features
- Worked with a team to design, build, and promote a React-based toolkit for generating applications and publishable components
- Maintained the company's “Open Source Initiative”, allowing engineers a path to publishing certain internal projects on GitHub
Kennship Owner/engineer, 2016 — 2020
- Designed, implemented, and ran a web app for a psychology study using React, GraphQL, Amazon Web Services, and Terraform
- Worked with clients to determine requirements and delivery timeline
- Wrote flexible code to anticipate changes in requirements
- Adapted a pre-existing codebase written in PHP and MySQL for use in a new study
- Consulting engineer at Local Vyntage, 2017 - present. Updated Shopify site for a T-shirt company to improve user experience.
- Software engineer at Rakuten Loyalty, 2013. Wrote MongoDB batch processing scripts for business analytics.
- Lead R&D at Studifi, 2013. Worked on front-end features for an online education platform. Designed and built a tool to allow teachers to annotate PDFs in the browser.
- “MQP” capstone project, WPI, 2013. Worked with a partner to design, build and write code for a working 3D scanner. Used C++, Qt, and OpenCV to design a friendly end-user application for performing scans. Evaluated and selected commodity hardware to build an inexpensive device.
- Freelance programmer, 2011-2012. Built small mobile web apps.